If you haven’t planned for your next summer vacation in the mountains, now is the perfect time to do so. June and July are typically our busiest time of year (and we book up fast) as there are always tons of fun things to participate in. Last year we were booked full from June through the start of the school year.
Here is a short list of just a few of the awesome things you can do with your family and friends!
- If you are the adventuresome type, take a white-water rafting trip down the Ocoee River which also just happens to be the spot of the 1996 Summer Olympics.
- Go fishing for rainbow trout. We are located in the trout fishing capital of Georgia, after all.
- Try some good Georgia made wines, grown right here in the mountains. One of my favorites is the oak aged chardonnay from the Bear Claw Vineyards. (just around the country corner from Dreamview Cabin)
- Take a hike and enjoy the smell of the fresh mountain air! There is a trailhead to the Benton MacKaye Trail (BMT) just one mile from Dreamview Cabin. How convenient is that?! The BMT is an awesome system of back country trails that cover approximately 300 miles traversing 3 states and is considered the sister trail of the Appalachian Trail.
- And if you’re feeling a little more laid back you can always check out the cool boutiques and eateries in downtown Blue Ridge. There is something for everyone there!
- Of course, one of my personal favorites is to picnic right down in the yard on our recently added park grill next to the picnic table. The kids can play on the playground, you can play a competitive game cornhole toss or horseshoes. And when it gets dark, you can enjoy roasting some smores over the firepit while viewing the milky way overhead. It really is the perfect way to end any day of your vacation!
So, we hope to see you come out this summer! And, as a reminder, the big listing sites always charge you a service fee, which is why you should always book directly with us to save! That leaves more money for you to spend how you like!
Thank you for keeping us in mind!